For sew amazing projects, news, tips and sew much more!

For sew amazing projects, tips, gossip and much much more!
Ruby Summer........Vintage Inspiration

Wednesday 26 February 2014

The sun is shining....

Yay! The sun is shining and the sky is blue! (Did I just borrow that line from Bob Marley?). I'm in a great mood and feeling uber creative today. It could be one of those days where I draw a lot of wierd and wonderful design ideas!!!! Do you have these type of days!???

I'm buzzing for another reason too ..... Yep in just a few short days I will be pounding , okay relaxing and enjoying, the streets of the LA textile district again. Covering some 90 blocks there are around 200 retailers and wholesalers of fabrics and notions! This place is heaven I tell you! Getting off the DASH bus by Maple is almost overwhelming. I mean where do you start?! Riots of colour, textures and fabric types hit you in one fell swop. 
Oh and guess what the prices are so fab!
As you might guess I'm travelling light so I can travel full on the way back! 
The District is the hub of textiles and fashion on the West Coast and you will see the guys from the film industry there buying up stuff to use in the movies. 
If you are ever in LA you just have to take a day to visit. Don't forget to wear super comfy shoes, take a bottle of water, use cash and haggle! 



1 comment:

  1. Gosh it's like you have died and gone to heaven there! :-)

    ReplyDelete