For sew amazing projects, news, tips and sew much more!

For sew amazing projects, tips, gossip and much much more!
Ruby Summer........Vintage Inspiration

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Making Stephana!!!!! It's all Greek to me!

The sun is shining on SW19 this morning and its inspiring me to create!
Planning our little thin Greek wedding for the summer we have been looking at some of the traditions. We have decided to give the plate smashing a miss but if anyone wants to pin money on us they are welcome!!!!
One orthodox tradition that really appeals is the wearing of Stephana to show unity.
Soooo I've been looking at them and being a crafty sew and sew have decided I'd like to make ours so we can have our own special Stephana crowns for our own special day!
The old brain is whirring with design ideas. Do I take inspiration from traditional styles or dare to be different with individual styled crowns to suit our personalities? What way would you go?
Can't wait to get some mood boards made, so off I go!
Looking forward to hearing your ideas
Btw.... If you have ever worn a Stephana at your wedding I'd love to see the pix
Xxxxxxxjaniexxxxxx
Ps photo taken from Stephana US. A great informative site.

No comments:

Post a Comment