For sew amazing projects, news, tips and sew much more!

For sew amazing projects, tips, gossip and much much more!
Ruby Summer........Vintage Inspiration

Sunday 26 February 2012

Grumpy old woman gets excited, shock news!

The older I get the more flipping miserable I get! It takes something pretty special to grab my interest these days. (am I alone in becoming a bit of a cynical grumpy sod?!)
It doesn't help that I am fighting off yet another virus. I should become a hypochondriac then at least I wouldn't actually have to feel so damned awful all the time!
Anyway like Ronnie Corbett sat in his oversized chair I am digressing!
Whilst laying in bed wishing I was out in the beautiful sunshine I have organised my calendar for the year re all the shows I want to attend and need to book up. So it's Malvern, Sandown and Birmingham all by August for some serious quilting and textile art exhibitions and fabric acquiring! I really wanted to find some exhibitions in the States so I could go a travelling with him indoors!
Anyway, I still haven't got to the point have I? I noticed that if you join the Quilters Guild of the UK you get discounts etc. In ticket prices. Being the daughter of an Accountant I had to take a peek. I don't think I will really save much money but boy I am joining it. They are involved in all things quilting and textile art including education, running a huge research library and housing a collection of over 600 quilts and pieces in their own museum in York. It is really worth spending a few minutes visiting their website and browsing the collections. Being into "old stuff" I was transfixed by the heritage collection. Have a look, I would love to know which collection you love the best. http://www.quiltmuseum.org.uk/collections/
The work that is involved is phenomenal. To think most of it has been hand sewn too! I guess there was no Eastenders to act as a distraction!
Anyway, as I am now coughing to death I shall take that as a message to put the ol' iPad away!
Until next time "Happy Crafting"
Loads of love
Janie xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment